Money laundering
Money laundering requirements

The Proceeds of Crime Act (2002) places a requirement for all firms such as ourselves to obtain and retain evidence of identity and address for all people with whom we have a business relationship. i.e all parties who are owners of the property. In order that we can comply with current legislation, we would be grateful if you could supply the following.

a) One item from Section A of the List Below
b) One item from Section B of the List Below

We need to obtain an original document or a certified copy in order to comply with the Act. If you need to supply the original documents these will be returned by recorded delivery. Normally we can obtain certified copies at the appointment and if you are able to have the documents to hand this would be extremely useful. We hope that you will understand the need for this information, and if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to telephone us.

Section A - Personal identity documents

  • Current signed passport
  • EU members identity card
  • Residence permit issued by Home Office to EU Nationals on sight of own country passport
  • Current UK Photo-card Driving License
  • Current full UK Driving Licence (old version) - old style provisional licenses are not acceptable
  • Benefit Book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency confirming the right to benefits
  • P45 / P60 / Inland Revenue Notice of Coding / Inland Revenue Statement of Account
  • Firearms Certificate

Section B - Document evidence of address

  • Recent Utility bill or a certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for the services on pre-payment terms. This should be no more than 3 months old (Mobile telephone bills will not be accepted as these can be sent to different address
  • Local Authority tax bill (valid for the current year)
  • Current full UK Driving Licence (if not used for evidence of name)
  • Bank, Building Society, Credit Union Statement (no more than 3 months old) or Passbook containing current address
  • The most recent original mortgage statement from a recognised lender
  • Local Council rent card or tenancy agreement
  • Benefits book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency confirming the rights to benefits if not used for evidence of name

Download this page as a PDF Document

Download the Seller Questionaire Document

The Property Ombudsman
NAEA Propertymark
ARLA Propertymark
On the Market January 2015
Martin House Logo